Electronic Media: Then, Now, and Later
Electronic Media connects the traditional world of broadcasting with the contemporary universe of digital electronic media. It provides a synopsis of the beginnings of electronic media in broadcasting, and the subsequent advancements into digital media. Underlying the structure of the book is a “See It Then, See It Now, See It Later? approach that focuses on how past innovations lay the groundwork for changing trends in technology, providing the opportunity and demand for change in both broadcasting and digital media.
FYI and Zoom-In boxes point to further information, tying together the immediate and long-ranging issues surrounding electronic media. Career Tracks feature the experiences of industry experts and share tips in how to approach this challenging industry.
• Overview of the history of electronic media, industry terms, and current media trends
• Exploration of electronic media from both a media consumer and provider's perspective
• Consideration of social media and its effects on everday and mass communication
• Unique "See It Then, See It Now, See It Later" chapter structure places electronic media history into historical context
• Companion Web site provides further insights to how communication technologies work
• Now available in major e-reader formats and apps!
What people are saying - Write a review
About the Web Site
Chapter 1 Tuning in to Electronic Media
Chapter 2 Radio
Chapter 4 Cable Satellite and Other Delivery Systems
Chapter 5 The Internet
Chapter 8 Audience Measurement
Chapter 9 Business and Ownership
Chapter 10 Operating Producing and Distribution
Chapter 11 The Feature Film and Videogame Industries
Chapter 12 Regulation Legal Issues and Ethics
Chapter 13 Media Effects