Elements of Christian Theology: Containing Proofs of the Authenticity and Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, a Summary of the History of the Jews, a Brief Statement of the Contents of the Several Books of the Old and New Testaments, a Short Account of the English Translations of the Bible and of the Liturgy of the Church of England, a Scriptural Exposition of the Thirty-nine Articles of Religion
L. Hansard & Sons, 1815 - 539 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts afterwards antient Apostles appears authority believed called captivity chapter Christ Christians church circumstances command concerning considered contains continued converts death delivered direction divine doctrines early Egypt Ephesus Epistle established expression faith fathers Gentiles Genuineness give given Gospel Hebrew Holy immediately Inspiration Israel Israelites Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Judæa Judges king kingdom known land language learned lived Lord Luke manner Mark mentioned Moses nature observed opinion original particular passages Paul Paul's period persons Peter preached priest probably promise prophets reason received recorded reign religion remain Roman Rome sacred Saviour says Scripture seems sent soon speak Spirit suffered supposed temple Testament things thought Timothy tion tribe truth unto vols whole writings written wrote
519. oldal - Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye ? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he.
143. oldal - And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them : and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
169. oldal - And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service? That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses.
178. oldal - Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, .and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: and they saw the God of Israel...
179. oldal - And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, "All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient." And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, "Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.
479. oldal - And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night; and lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people: for unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
180. oldal - And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.
191. oldal - And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.