Ellen: The Real Story of Ellen Degeneres
- How her conservative father turned his back on her when he learned she was gay.
- The personal tragedy that became her greatest inspiration.
- Her secret life in the gay her scene during her stand-up days.
- The women Ellen has loved, including her very public relationship and very painful breakup with actress Anne Hache.
- How she pulled her life together after the cancellation of Ellen.
- The new romantic interests in her life.
- Ellen currently stars in The Ellen DeGeneres Show one of the hottest TV talk shows ever to hit the air. It is the winner of an Emmy Award in 2004 for Outstanding Talk Show. In its first year, the show earned 12 Daytime Emmy nominations, more than any other talk show in the history of the Emmys.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show was the highest-rated freshman talk show of the 2003-2004 season.
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show ranked at the top of critics' IIGTS, with People, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, USA Today and TV Guide, all citing it as one of the best new programs.
- The author has been an entertainment journalist for more than twenty years and has written several celebrity biographies and series companions, including the bestselling The Boy Who Would Be King.
What people are saying - Write a review
ELLENUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
This star bio by entertainment journalist Tracy qualifies as the "real" story of Ellen DeGeneres. The book traces her life from her mother's first and subsequent marriages to the cancellation of Ellen ... Read full review
Were You Funny as a Child?
Is That All There Is My Dear?
A Bourbon Street Standup
The Big Leap to Fame
Her Toe in the Tube
These Friends of Mine
The Sitcom That Dares Not Speak Its Name
Squeezing the Pigeon
Right Book Wrong Flick
An Act of Courage
Life After Puppy
You Gotta Pass the Crocodiles
An Unexpected Heartbreak
Thirty Million Fans
The Big Switch to Ellen
The Diva du Jour
Queen of the Emmys
Hollywood Two Degrees of Separation
A New Beautiful Place
About the Author