Employment, Hours, and Earnings 2011: States and Areas
Employment, Hours, and Earnings: States and Areas is a special edition of Bernan Press's Handbook of U.S. Labor Statistics. This edition brings together a wealth of employment data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics and provides estimates on employment, hours, and earnings for each state and the District of Columbia as well as the nation's largest metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs).
This reference is an excellent source of information for analysts in both the public and private sectors. The data in this publication provide a detailed and timely picture of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the nation's 75 largest MSAs.
Features of this publication include:
• nearly 300 tables with data on employment for each state, the District of Columbia, and the nation's 75 largest metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs)
• detailed industry data organized by month and by year for 1990 as well as from 2000 to 2010
• hours and earnings data are provided, where available, by industry for each state
• an introduction page for each state and the District of Columbia that emphasizes salient data and noteworthy trends, including the population, civilian labor force estimates, industry growth and decline rates, and unemployment rates and rankings for 1990, 2000, and 2010
• a ranking of the largest 75 MSAs that includes 2010 population estimates and unemployment rates and the percent change in total non-farm employment from 1990 to 2010
• concise technical notes that explain pertinent facts about the data, including sources, definitions, and significant changes; this section also provides references for further guidance on the subject
• an appendix that details the geographical components of the MSAs
DID YOU KNOW?
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.