Ladybird Readers is an ELT graded reader series for children aged 3--11 learning English as a foreign or second language. The series includes traditional tales, favourite characters, modern stories and non-fiction. Written by experts, it uses proven methods to help children learn English and grasp key grammar and vocabulary points.
- Perfect for learning English in school or at home
- Develops reading, writing, speaking, listening and critical thinking skills
- Features much-loved characters and authors such as Peter Rabbit, Peppa Pig, Roald Dahl and Eric Carle
- Eight levels follow the Common European Framework of Reference for language learning (CEFR)
- Language activities in every book provide preparation for the Cambridge English Pre-A1 to A2 (YLE) tests
- Features free online resources including audio, answer keys, lesson plans and tips for parents
Roald Dahl: Esio Trot, a Level 4Reader, is A2 in the CEFR framework and includes practice for the Cambridge English A2 Flyers tests. The longer text is made up of sentences with up to three clauses, more past and future tense structures, modal verbs and a wider variety of conjunctions.
Mrs. Silver loves her tortoise, Alfie. Mr. Hoppy loves Mrs. Silver. Will Mr. Hoppy's big idea make him brave enough to tell her?
Visit the Ladybird Education website for more information.