Expository Notes, with Practical Observations, on the New Testament ... Wherein the Sacred Text is at Large Recited, the Sense Explained, and the Instructive Example of the Blessed Jesus and His Holy Apostles to Our Imitation Recommended ...
Sorin & Ball, 1844
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
affection angels answered apostles authority behold believe blessed body bring brought called cast cause chief Christ Christian church comfort coming command dead death desire devil disciples divine doctrine doth duty earth enter eternal expect eyes faith Father fear follow fruit give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath healing hear heard heart heaven holy honour Jerusalem Jesus Jews John judge judgment king kingdom Learn hence light live look Lord manner Master means ministers miracles nature never Observe pass person Peter Pharisees poor pray prayer preaching presence priests prophets reason receive repentance saith Satan Saviour sent servant serve sinners sins soul speak Spirit stand sufferings teach tell temple thee thence things thou tion true truth unto whole woman
69. oldal - Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
12. oldal - And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
355. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the .door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are...
519. oldal - Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain : that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
220. oldal - Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea ; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
361. oldal - What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
306. oldal - And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
102. oldal - But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
127. oldal - But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you; but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
58. oldal - Woe unto thee, Chorazin ! woe unto thee, Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.