Feeling Terrific: Four Strategies for Overcoming Depression Using Mood Regulation Therapy
iUniverse, Aug 1, 2005 - Health & Fitness - 260 pages
If you've ever experienced depression, you know how difficult it can be to recover. Even after treatment, the moodiness, low motivation, negative thinking, or communication troubles can come back. That's because current treatment methods generally focus on a single dimension, when life is multi-dimensional and complex.
Feeling Terrific: Four Strategies for Overcoming Depression Using Mood Regulation Therapy presents an exciting new approach to depression recovery. In Feeling Terrific, authors Namir Damluji, Renee Robinson Sievert, and Michele LaPorte Downey help you to:
* Discover how your mind, body, and spirit interact with your emotions, thoughts, and the environment
* Examine the mood regulation concept and the four dimensions that influence it
* Explore biological strategies to improve your physical and emotional self
* Identify cognitive strategies that will change the way you think
* Recognize ways to interact socially to enhance your well-being
* Learn how spirituality can make life more meaningful
* Set goals to help you refocus, re-think, and rediscover a life of "feeling terrific"
More than 30 percent of today's population reports having experienced some form of depression. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, Feeling Terrific should be the first step on the path to recovery and beyond-guiding you in setting goals that will help you refocus, re-think, and rediscover life.