Framing and Presenting Textile Art
This book is aimed at both professional framers and textileartists themselves. It provides a thorough introduction topresenting and protecting original textile art. The book includes:
• A glossary of useful terms
• Information about choosing a good framer, conservation framing, basic framing techniques and materials for textiles.
• Before you start: preliminary work to be done, correcting any imperfections, discolouration, missing stitches, etc.
• Squaring needlepoint, including types of canvas, equipment needed, techniques and methods.
• Stretching and mounting textile art, including lacing and othermounting techniques, fabric extensions, types of support, heavy fabricsand large pieces.
• The frame itself: mouldings and build-ups, glazing, windowmounts.
• Alternatives to conventional frames, e.g. acrylic domes, etc.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Chapter onebefore framing
Chapter threesquaring needlepoint
Chapter fourstretching fabric art
acceptable acid acrylic adhesive aida cloth aperture Art Trade Guild artwork attached back board batiks blemishes border box frame box-frame Budget and Minimum canvas carpet centre cleaning cloth Colourfastness colours Commended Level Conservation Level conservation quality corners cotton museum crochet cross stitch cutwork damage damp donor fabric double mount double-sided tape Dry mounting edges embroidery Embroidery hoops ensure fibres fillets Five Levels flat Float glass foam board folded GCF Adv glass glazing glue glued hang hardboard hinged holes inserted inside the rebate lacing layer Levels of Framing linen look method millimetres Minimum Levels moulding mountboard Museum Level museum quality needlepoint padding painted paper pH neutral piece pins position protect pull quilt secured self-adhesive tape sewing sewn shape sides silk slightly spacers square staples stitcher stretcher bars stretching fabric art strips suedette tacks tapestry textile thick threads undermount weave weft windowmount wool