These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
- Full-color package at an affordable price
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
- Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
- Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Handy pocket-sized trim
Moscow counted 3.5mn foreign visitors in 2005 (figures for international arrivals at Moscow's airports and so excluding those arriving by other modes of travel).
Moscow retains an aura of mystery and intrigue other cities cannot compete with. It has always had a fractured personality: friendly, yet also intimidating; dreary and austere, but colourful and ornate; European, while infused with Asian influences; insular yet cosmopolitan. It provides an in-depth cultural experience other destinations struggle to match.
- Includes special interest tours exploring the cities history, unique architecture and literary culture.
- Details fascinating Neighbourhood tours including walks around Bolshaya Nikitskaya, the Patriarch's Ponds and the Arbat.
- Shows you where to find the best specialist shops for local food, collectable art and chic fashion.
- Gives insight to the best restaurants, live music venues and entertainment from Russian ballet to musical theatre.
- Encompasses excursions to Stalin's secret bunker and Star City.
- Walk the cobbles of Red Square and appreciate the onion domes of St Basil's Cathedral.
- Visit the attractions within the red-stone walls of the Kremlin, including the State Armoury, the Gold-domed Cathedral of the Assumption and the Great Kremlin Palace.
- Visit the Bohemian Arbat with its thriving cafe culture, a long time haunt of artists, musicians and writers with museums dedicated to Tolstoy and Pushkin.
- Spend a night at the world famous Moscow's Bolshoi opera and ballet in the six-tier auditorium.
- Take in some of the greatest collections of Russian art on earth at the Tretyakov Gallery