Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
bear beauty beneath blessed breath bright bring cast cheer child coming dark dear death deep doth dream earth eternal eyes face fair faith fall Father fear feel feet flower forever friends gentle give glad glory God's grace grow hand hath head heart heaven hold holy hope hour human keep known Labor land leave life's Lift light live look Lord lost meet morning never night o'er ocean pain pass past path peace praise pray prayer rest rise round seek seemed shadow shine silent smile song sorrow soul speak spirit stand stars step strength strong sweet tears tell tender thee thine things thou thought true trust truth turn unto voice wait Wasted waves weary wild wind
109. oldal - I CHATTER over stony ways, In little sharps and trebles, I bubble into eddying bays, I babble on the pebbles. With many a curve my banks I fret By many a field and fallow, And many a fairy foreland set With willow-weed and mallow. I chatter, chatter, as I flow To join the brimming river, For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever.
101. oldal - We watched her breathing through the night, Her breathing soft and low, As in her breast the wave of life Kept heaving to and fro. " ' So silently we seemed to speak, So slowly moved about, As we had lent her half our powers To eke her living out. " ' Our very hopes belied our fears ; Our fears our hopes belied ; We thought her dying when she slept, And sleeping when she died. " ' For when the morn came dim and sad, And chill with early showers, Her quiet eyelids closed ; — she had Another morn...
130. oldal - Who fathoms the Eternal Thought? Who talks of scheme and plan ? The Lord is God! He needeth not The poor device of man. I walk with bare, hushed feet the ground Ye tread with boldness shod; I dare not fix with mete and bound The love and power of God.
63. oldal - Though long the weary way we tread, And sorrow crown each lingering year, No path we shun, no darkness dread, Our hearts still whispering, Thou art near...
237. oldal - And if some things I do not ask In my cup of blessing be, I would have my spirit filled the more With grateful love to Thee ; More careful, not to serve Thee much, But to please Thee perfectly. There are briers besetting every path, That call for patient care ; There is a cross in every lot, And an earnest need for prayer ; But a lowly heart, that leans on Thee, Is happy anywhere.
118. oldal - OUR fathers' God ! from out whose hand The centuries fall like grains of sand, We meet to-day, united, free, And loyal to our land and Thee, To thank Thee for the era done, And trust Thee for the opening one.
131. oldal - I see the wrong that round me lies, I feel the guilt within ; I hear, with groan and travail-cries, The world confess its sin. Yet in the maddening maze of things, And tossed by storm and flood, To one fixed stake my spirit clings: I know that God is good!
246. oldal - A million torches lighted by thy hand Wander unwearied through the blue abyss : They own thy power, accomplish thy command. All gay with life, all eloquent with bliss What shall we call them? Piles of crystal light— A glorious company of golden streams — Lamps of celestial ether, burning bright — Suns lighting systems with their joyous beams ? But thou to these art as the noon to night.
150. oldal - If there be some weaker one, Give me strength to help him on; If a blinder soul there be, Let me guide him nearer Thee. Make my mortal dreams come true With the work I fain would do; Clothe with Life the weak intent, Let me be the thing I meant; Let me find in Thy employ Peace that dearer is than joy; Out of self to love be led And to heaven acclimated, Until...