Get Streaming!: Quick Steps to Delivering Audio and Video Online
Get Streaming with this fun, easy-to-read guide!
Streaming your audio and video online is inexpensive, easy, and fun. Get the fast results you need with Get Streaming! - a step-by-step, introductory level book that gets you up and running today.
Streaming media technology is growing into an indispensable part of a successful business communications strategy. This book will not only give you a professional boost, it will help you deliver your home videos to family and friends anywhere in the world!
Why slog through a technology tome for weeks when you can start right now with the simple, easy-to-follow procedures in this book. Use the comprehensive glossary of terms with one sentence definitions to lay the foundation for your streaming know-how. You'll take away a practical understanding of streaming media without feeling overwhelmed by confusing detail. Tips and insights from leading streaming pros are also at your fingertips.
Whether you want to stream a corporate video, home videos, or your favorite music for friends - after reading this book, you will:
* Understand the three steps of streaming: Capture, Encode, Broadcast
* Install free streaming software, capture raw media, encode into a streamable file, place that file on a streaming server, and link it all up to the Internet!
* Know the fundamentals of how the Internet works in relation to streaming media
* Build simple, effective streaming applications with free tools
* Learn how to make the right streaming media technology choices, including codecs, for your specific situation
* Understand RealVideo, Windows Media, QuickTime, Flash MX and MPEG-4 software
* Make informed choices from among the leading streaming media content creation tools made by RealNetworks, Microsoft, Apple Computer, and Macromedia
* Master the steps for creating on-demand streaming audio and video files as well as learning about live audio and video streaming
* Understand the computer hardware and Internet bandwidth you'll need for maximum success
* Glimpse the future business and career opportunities in the expanding streaming media field.
- Learn how to stream audio and video anytime, anywhere
- For anyone who likes computers and surfs the web!
- Covers RealVideo, Windows Media, QuickTime, Flash MX and MPEG-4
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
analog Apple Computer audience audio and video audio file audio or video bandwidth broadcast browser button cable cable/DSL camera capture Chapter Check Click OK client codecs Compression connection create delivery desktop devices dialog box dialup downloading and installing drop-down menu editing software embed encoded file equipment extension Figure firewall Flash Player format hard drive hardware Here’s Internet Kbps key frame license Macromedia Flash MX Microsoft Windows MIME type Movie MPEG on-demand open source open standard operating system options PARAM parameter peer-to-peer plug-in production protocol QuickTime Player QuickTime Streaming Server radio RealNetworks RealPlayer recording RTSP SMIL sound streaming file streaming media streaming media files streaming media server streaming server tape text file Upload users vendors video file web server Windows Media Encoder Windows Media Player Windows Media Services workstation