Get in the Groove: Building Tools and Peer-to-Peer Solutions with the Groove Platform
"Phil Stanhope delivers what I consider to be a recipe-based approach to building tools and applications for the Groove decentralized communications platform.
Phil isn't just a short-order cook; he's a master chef."
-Jack Ozzie, Vice President of Development, Platform and Development Services, Groove Networks, Inc.
Building Tools and Peer-to-Peer Solutions with the Groove(r) Platform
Take Groove(r) to the Next Level
* Understand Groove basics - the transceiver, contacts, messaging, chatting, spaces, and accounts
* Create, test, and refine custom HTML viewer tools to integrate existing Web content into Groove
* Streamline development by extracting template code from existing tools
* Create your own custom Groove layout
* Integrate contact management with invitation files and online detection tools
* Enhance a customer-service Web site by adding a Groove collaboration space with seeded customer data and tools
* Understand the basics of next-generation edge-based CRM applications by synchronizing center-based enterprise data with custom edge-based tools
* Import and export Groove-specific XML as well as third-party XML data from corporate databases and Web-enabled CRM and ERP systems
* Exploit Groove's communications, security, and transport services to build asynchronous, guaranteed-delivery message and data-synchronization solutions
* Sample Groove tools
* Complete source code and examples from the book
* Groove Preview Edition and Groove Development Kit
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Understanding Shared Spaces and Tools
10 other sections not shown