Getting Started in Hedge Funds
"This book should be required reading for anyone who invests in hedge funds." - L. Michael Cacace,Senior Editor, Fortune magazine
A Fascinating and Informative Introduction
"A worthwhile and thoughtful book on what is now considered to be a growth industry." - Michael Steinhardt, Steinhardt Management
"Getting Started in Hedge Funds is a fascinating book about one of Wall Street's most fascinating subjects." - Beth Piskora, New York Post Business Columnist
From the small investor to the professional trader, everyone is fascinated by the world of hedge funds. With its high-profile traders and tales of amazing profits--and frightening losses--hedge fund investing can seem vastly different from more traditional money management. In addition, the lack of accurate press coverage combined with the reticence of most hedge fund managers has made it next to impossible for outsiders to learn the real scoop on hedge funds...until now.
Getting Started in Hedge Funds provides investors with a complete and highly accessible introduction to hedge funds: what they are, how they started, how they work, and who manages them. Written by a financial writer and Wall Streeter who knows this world from the inside, this book:
* Explores the industry in its entirety;-from $2 million to $2 billion operations
* Tells the story of hedge funds from their inception in 1949 to today
* Profiles the strategies of both up-and-coming fund managers and heavyweights like Soros, Robertson, and Steinhardt
* Develops guidelines for choosing a hedge fund using returns, performance, and risk
* Shows smaller investors how to get in on the action
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
All Book Search results »