Getting Started in Technical Analysis
Revered by many, reviled by some, technical analysis is the art and science of deciphering price activity to better understand market behavior and identify trading opportunities. In this accessible guide, Jack Schwager-perhaps the most recognized and respected name in the field-demystifies technical analysis for beginning investors, clearly explaining such basics as trends, trading ranges, chart patterns, stops, entry, and exit and pyramiding approaches. The book's numerous examples and clear, simple explanations provide a solid framework for using technical analysis to make better, more informed investment decisions and as the basis for mechanical trading systems. Along with Schwager's invaluable trading rules and market observations culled from years of real-world trading experience, Getting Started in Technical Analysis offers in-depth coverage of:
* Types of charts-bar, close-only, point-and-figure, candlestick.
* Chart patterns-one-day, continuation, top and bottom formations, the importance of failed signals.
* Trading systems-trend-following, counter-trend, pattern recognition.
* Charting and analysis software-price data issues, time frame/trading style considerations, software research.
* he planned trading approach-trading philosophy, choosing markets, risk control strategies, establishing a trading routine.
What people are saying - Write a review
Very Good ReadUser Review - jimcg - Overstock.com
So far although I havent read the entire book cover to cover it appears to be an excellent informative well planned manual...complete with many chart illustrations for anyone interested in learning and understanding technical analysis especially less advanced traders. Read full review