Created specifically for undergraduate students, this concise text covers the essential concepts of global marketing with the aid of extensive real-life examples and cases. Global Marketing offers balanced coverage of developed and developing markets, including insights into the often-overlooked markets of Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Written with the student in mind, the Second Edition features comprehensive coverage of current topics based on the authors' extensive research and consulting experience. An early introduction to culture and marketing prepares students to integrate cultural analysis throughout the course. A chapter dedicated to the understanding of global and local competitors sets the stage for ongoing discussion of both buyers and competitors in an increasingly competitive global market.
- New! A student-friendly, four-color design features up-to-date photographs, maps, and advertisements that engage students in the material.
- New! Each chapter includes up to three brief cases that challenge students to further apply chapter concepts. Cases new to the Second Edition focus on "Textile Trauma," "The Global Baby Bust, " and "The New Cola Wars," among others.
- New! Updated coverage of evolving issues in global marketing includes insights and frameworks from recent academic and consulting research. Coverage of new topics concerns global brands, outsourcing, consumer animosity, and social versus commercial global marketing.
- New! Revised and expanded, the Online Study Center offers ACE practice tests, links for further exploration of issues in global marketing, and a course-length Country Market Project. The Online Teaching Center includes tips from experienced instructors in the Country Market Report guide.
- New! A considerably expanded test bank—now with over 1,500 questions—includes both factual and applied questions.
- Each chapter features: an opening vignette with brief anecdotes about global issues or companies; an outline of chapter topics; a set of learning objectives, which help students identify and assimilate important concepts; and two closing cases, which challenge students to apply what they have learned.
- World Beat boxed inserts offer timely, real-world examples from high-profile companies in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas.