Handbook of the Roads and Bridges (Scot.) Act 1878: Containing a Dictionary Index and a Chronological View of Procedure for Bringing the Act Into Operation : with an Appendix Containing the Statute, and the Road Debts on Entailed Estates (Scot.) Act, 1880, 322. könyv
W. Blackwood and Sons, 1882 - 242 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
accounts adopted aforesaid allocated annual appeal application appointed assessments borrowed bridges burgh local authority called certificate chairman charge clerk commencement commissioners commissioners of supply construction contained continue convener costs county or burgh county road trustees creditors debts deemed determine district committee effect elected enacted execution existing expenses fixed force given held highways imposed interest lands lands and heritages lawful less levied maintained maintenance manner means meeting ment months necessary notice occupier officers otherwise paid parish partly situated passing payment penalty person police powers present proceedings proprietor provisions Public ratepayers regard relating repair resolution respectively Roads and Bridges Schedule Scotland Secretary sheriff side situated special advertisement statute labour supply surveyor therein thereof thereto tion tolls transferred turnpike road valuation valued vested Vict vote whole wholly
83. oldal - MACKENZIE. Studies in Roman Law. With Comparative Views of the Laws of France, England, and Scotland. By Lord MACKENZIE, one of the Judges of the Court of Session in Scotland.
83. oldal - Cessios, and Sequestrations; and the Winding-up of Joint-Stock Companies in Scotland ; with Annotations on the various Insolvency and Bankruptcy Statutes ; and with Forms of Procedure applicable to these Subjects. By JAMES MURDOCH, Member of the Faculty of Procurators...
51. oldal - The department may make orders as to the costs of the parties at any such inquiry and as to the parties by whom such costs shall be paid, and every such order may be made a rule of the High Court on the application of any party named in the order.
37. oldal - ... of the case to have been incurred by such authority by reason of the damage arising from such weight or traffic as aforesaid. Provided that any person against whom expenses are or may be recoverable under this section may enter into an agreement with such authority as is mentioned in this section for the payment to them of a composition in respect of such weight or traffic, and thereupon the persons so paying the same shall not be subject to any proceedings under this section.
40. oldal - ... in respect of the proceedings of which minutes have been so made, shall be deemed to have been duly convened and held, and all the members thereof to have been duly qualified...
52. oldal - ... purposes of this Act, and may appoint the same to be carried into effect by and at the sight of such persons as he may think fit, and at the expense of the local authority, or of other parties on whom the expense ought in his opinion to be laid, and for payment of the expenses of such application by the petitioners or by the local authority or...
15. oldal - ... to be kept by them for that purpose; and every such assignation in security shall be validly transferred by an indorsation on such assignation in security, by the person entitled thereto for the time being, of a transfer in the form or as nearly as may be in the form of the Schedule (B.) No.
24. oldal - State ; and for the purposes of such inquiry, which shall be held in public, the said Commissioners shall have power, after such public notice as they may think sufficient, to examine witnesses on oath, and to call for such information from, and to require the production of such documents by, the...