Heart Fitness for Life: The Essential Guide for Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease
Oxford University Press, Feb 25, 1999 - Health & Fitness - 322 pages
In this groundbreaking volume, Dr. Mary McGowan draws on her years of clinical experience in working with real patients to create a proven, livable program for preventing and reversing cardiac disease. Heart Fitness for Life offers a comprehensive and down-to-earth life plan that includes:
* A 20 percent fat diet--which gets results because it is strict enough to make a difference but lenient enough for real people to stick with it
* A selection of delicious and easy low-fat recipes developed by a professional chef--including pizzas, pasta, and desserts
* A detailed investigation into the genetic basis of high blood cholesterol--and what to do about it
* A non-judgmental and supportive approach to cholesterol and blood pressure medications that explains when taking medication is appropriate and even necessary
* An energizing section on making exercise an exciting and fulfilling part of one's life, developed in tandem with an exercise physiologist
* A concrete plan for giving up smoking--that really works!
* An analysis of the connection between stress and heart disease, with tested stress-reduction techniques developed by a psychiatrist
And, at the core of Heart Fitness for Life are the stories of nine patients, ordinary men and women, who took on the challenge of fighting heart disease with Dr. McGowan's program--and who have won extraordinary victories.
What people are saying - Write a review
Heart fitness for life: the essential guide to preventing and reversing heart diseaseUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
This latest addition to the wealth of consumer-health literature focusing on heart disease is distilled from the experience of a veteran in the field. McGowan, director of the Cholesterol Management ... Read full review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
How to Lose Weight Fast ?
How to Lose Weight the Healthy Way?
Lose 35 lbs in 4 weeks ! I found one successful story on this blog
It inspired me with a real example!
Some excerpts from this blog:
- fast weight loss methods
- body building male picture teen
- sports exercise nutrition
- exercise equipment children
- lose weight lose fat
at Risk for Developing Heart Disease?
High Cholesterol and Early Heart DiseaseIt May
Using Diet To Increase Your Odds THE CASE OF JACK
A Tough Task with Great Rewards
Estrogen Replacement Therapy
Reducing Stress in Your Life