High-Performance Computing: Paradigm and Infrastructure
The state of the art of high-performance computing
Prominent researchers from around the world have gathered to present the state-of-the-art techniques and innovations in high-performance computing (HPC), including:
* Programming models for parallel computing: graph-oriented programming (GOP), OpenMP, the stages and transformation (SAT) approach, the bulk-synchronous parallel (BSP) model, Message Passing Interface (MPI), and Cilk
* Architectural and system support, featuring the code tiling compiler technique, the MigThread application-level migration and checkpointing package, the new prefetching scheme of atomicity, a new "receiver makes right" data conversion method, and lessons learned from applying reconfigurable computing to HPC
* Scheduling and resource management issues with heterogeneous systems, bus saturation effects on SMPs, genetic algorithms for distributed computing, and novel task-scheduling algorithms
* Clusters and grid computing: design requirements, grid middleware, distributed virtual machines, data grid services and performance-boosting techniques, security issues, and open issues
* Peer-to-peer computing (P2P) including the proposed search mechanism of hybrid periodical flooding (HPF) and routing protocols for improved routing performance
* Wireless and mobile computing, featuring discussions of implementing the Gateway Location Register (GLR) concept in 3G cellular networks, maximizing network longevity, and comparisons of QoS-aware scatternet scheduling algorithms
* High-performance applications including partitioners, running Bag-of-Tasks applications on grids, using low-cost clusters to meet high-demand applications, and advanced convergent architectures and protocols
High-Performance Computing: Paradigm and Infrastructure is an invaluable compendium for engineers, IT professionals, and researchers and students of computer science and applied mathematics.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
agent Alchemi algorithm allocation application architecture assigned bandwidth cache line chapter Cilk cluster ClusterGOP communication compiler Computer Science configuration data array data distribution data grid defined Distributed Computing Do-loop dynamic environment execution Figure FPGAs function global Globus Gnutella graph grid computing grid machine heterogeneous HIERAS High-Performance Computing IEEE implementation input interface iteration Java latency Linux load balancing logical graph loop loop tiling matrix middleware migration MinEX MinEX—G multicast multicast tree MyGrid neighbors node object OpenMP operations optimal overhead overlapped P2P systems Parallel and Distributed Parallel Computing parallel programming partitioning peer performance prefetching problem Proceedings processors protocol provides query reconfigurable computing replication request routing runtime scalable scatternet scheduling scheme Section shared memory simulation speedup structure synchronization Table task threads tiling tion UNICORE update values vector