High-tech Inventions: A Chapter Book
- High-interest topics encourage independent reading
- Includes four real-life stories
- All stories relate to one theme
- Full-color photographs
- Meets Science Standards
Grades K-4 National Science Standards
- Science As Inquiry: I
- Scientists develop explanations using observations (evidence) and what they already know about the world (scientific knowledge). Good explanations are based on evidence from investigations.
- Science and Technology: V
- Understanding about science and technology
- People have always had problems and invented tools and techniques (ways of doing something) to solve problems. Trying to determine the effects of solutions helps people avoid some new problems.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
air pollution airplane American cockroach antennae backpack batteries Cell phone Changed the World CHAPTER Charles climb stairs computer chip create cyborg Dean Kamen Dean's dreamed of flying drive ducted fans electric motor electrical messages electricity flow electrode electronic devices ENIAC took entire room exhaust eg-ZAWST faster flight gasoline germanium jer-MAY-nee-um go left ground gyroscopes hand helicopter High-tecH Inventions Ice Age insect inside integrated circuit Isao Shimoyama Jack Kilby Kilby and Robert kind less electricity lift lives MARY PACKARD math problems Michael Moshier million transistors modern computer movements needed obstacle OB-stih-kuhl personal flying machine platform Pressing a button Professor Isao propellers turn remote control rider leans forward rider twists roach Robert Noyce Robo Robo-roach Robo-roach's brain rocket engine rubble Scholastic scooter turned Segway HT silicon smaller spinning wheel switches team of scientists throttle thrust tiny turn right vacuum tube wheelchair wings wireless technology wires