Housing Act of 1954: Hearings Before the Committee on Banking and Currency, United States Senate, Eighty-third Congress, Second Session, on S. 2889, S. 2938, and S. 2949, Bills to Expand and Extend Title III, Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944, National Housing Act, and Housing Act of 1949 ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1954 - 2043 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
additional Administrator agency amended amount areas assistance Association authorized banks basis believe bill Board builders building capital CHAIRMAN charges COLE Commissioner committee Congress construction cost determined direct dwelling effect established exceed existing facility fact families Federal financing FNMA funds give going Government grants Housing Act improvements income increase industry institutions interest issued legislation less limits living loans maximum mean meet million mortgage necessary objective obligations operations payment percent period permit persons present President problem proposed public housing purchase question reason recommend record redevelopment referred rehabilitation reserves respect savings section 221 Senator Senator BENNETT Senator SPARKMAN slum statement tion Treasury units urban renewal veterans
19. lappuse - The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...
90. lappuse - ... that there are or are being provided, in the project area or in other areas not generally less desirable in regard to public utilities and public and commercial facilities and at rents or prices within the financial means of the families...
21. lappuse - ... income shall be exempt from all taxation now or hereafter imposed by the United States, by any Territory, dependency or possession thereof, or by any State, county, municipality or local taxing authority ; except that any real property of the corporation shall be subject to State, Territorial, county, municipal or local taxation to the same extent, according to its value, as other real property is taxed.
18. lappuse - All redemptions, purchases, and sales by the Secretary of the Treasury of such notes or other obligations shall be treated as public debt transactions of the United States.
130. lappuse - ... which are deemed by the corporation to be of such quality, type, and class as to meet, generally, the purchase standards imposed by private institutional mortgage investors.
25. lappuse - ... definite local objectives respecting appropriate land uses, improved traffic, public transportation, public utilities, recreational and community facilities, and other public improvements...
330. lappuse - After the report of the President's Advisory Committee on Government Housing Policies and Programs...
17. lappuse - Each such obligation shall bear interest at a rate determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, taking into consideration the current average rate on outstanding...
32. lappuse - An act to expedite the provision of housing in connection with national defense, and for other purposes," approved October 14, 1940, as amended, is amended by striking out "$1,200,000,000" and inserting in lieu thereof "$1,600,000,000.