How Not to Die: Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer, and Healthier from America's Favorite Medical Examiner
WHEN THIS DOCTOR TALKS, YOU SHOULD LISTEN.
Thousands of people make an early exit each year and arrive on medical examiner Jan Garavaglia’s table. What is particularly sad about this is that many of these deaths could easily have been prevented. Although Dr. Garavaglia, or Dr. G, as she’s known to many, could not tell these individuals how to avoid their fates, we can benefit from her experience and profound insight into the choices we make each day.
In How Not to Die, Dr. G acts as a medical detective to identify the often-unintentional ways we harm our bodies, then shows us how to use that information to live better and smarter. She provides startling tips on how to make wise choices so that we don’t have to see her, or someone like her, for a good, long time.
• In “Highway to the Morgue,” we learn the one commonsense safety tip that can prevent deadly accidents—and the reason you should never drive with the windows half open
• “Code Blue” teaches us how to increase our chances of leaving the hospital alive—and how to insist that everyone caring for you practice the easiest hygiene method around
• “Everyday Dangers” informs us why neat freaks live longer—and the best ways to stay safe in a car during a lightning storm
Using anecdotes from her cases and a liberal dose of humor, Dr. G gives us her prescription for living a healthier, better, longer life—and unlike many doctors’ orders, this one is surprisingly easy to follow.
What people are saying - Write a review
A sincere attempt to help prolong life.User Review - Lithuanian Lady - Borders
Previous reviewers have stated a number of different things about this book. Personally I would have liked to have seem a little greater depth in some areas. However I am a little biased. The book is ... Read full review
After readig this book I asked myself the following:
How to Lose Weight Fast ?
How to Lose Weight the Healthy Way?
Lose 35 lbs in 4 weeks ! I found one successful story on this blog
It inspired me with a real example!
Some excerpts from this blog:
- rapid detox weight loss
- jobs in exercise science
- weight loss tips diet
- yoga teaching and classes
- jump rope a good exercise
- and equipment exercise care personal fitness abdominal
Highway to the Morgue
Dying to Get High
Risking Life and Lung
Man 0h Man
Other editions - View all
How Not to Die: Surprising Lessons on Living Longer, Safer and Healthier
No preview available - 2009