How to Change Your Name in California
What's in a name? Not much if it isn't legal. (Although "legal" is a broad term: a woman successfully changed her name to Merri Christmas!)
This helpful, easy-to-use book provides all the necessary forms and instructions to legally change a name in California. It covers how to:
- choose a new name and make it legal
- amend a birth certificate, or get a new one
- change children's names
- get a new driver's license, passport and Social Security card
- change back to a former name after divorce.
Provides all necessary forms as tear-outs, including Marriage Surname Agreement, Parental Agreement on Child's Name and Application for Restoration of Former Name After Divorce.
Divorce, complicated spelling, tricky pronunciation, personal preference - any of these may convince you that it's time for a new name. And although the rules have changed recently, it's still a relatively simple procedure. How to Change Your Name in California provides step-by-step instructions and all the forms you need to:
- choose a name and make it your own
- change back to your former name after divorce
- change your child's name
- get a new or amended birth certificate for you or your child
- get identification in your new name, including a driver's license, Social Security card and passport
- get a court to recognize a change of gender
The 11th edition reflects the latest rules and regulations stemming from 9/11 and the rise of identity theft, and provides the latest forms as tear-outs.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.