How to Make It in the New Music Business: Lessons, Tips and Inspiration from Music's Biggest and Best
How to Make It in the New Music Business leads both novice and professional musicians into today's digital world, helping them to take complete control over all aspects of their music, from writing and performing to recording and selling.
Motivating readers to live their dreams, author Robert Wolff shows how anyone can set up and run their own music business and become a highly successful businessman or businesswoman; record major label quality music in their home, aided by tips from music professionals; broadcast that music over their own web site and radio station to a potential audience of over 500 million people via the world wide web; and do it without a major record label's support.
Divided into lessons, the book focuses on such key areas of interest as:
* Lesson One: Old School vs. New Reality: The Digital Revolution Levels the Playing Field
* Lesson Two: Radio & Records: Learning How to Play the Game
* Lesson Three: The Illusion of Needing a Record Deal: Courtney Love's Real World Wake-Up Call
* Lesson Four: A View from Both Sides of the Fence: Steve Lukather on What's Right & What's Wrong with the Music Business
* Lesson Five: Building Your A Team: Who You Need and Who You Don't
* Lesson Six: It's All about the Song: Advice & Inspiration from Diane Warren
* Lesson Seven: Developing Your Sound: Advice from Bob Bradshaw
* Lesson Eight: Finding the Best Recording & Creating Platform for You: Using What the Pros Use
* Lesson Nine: Mixing Your Music: Advice from Bob Clearmountain
* Lesson Ten: Mastering Your Music: Advice from Bob Ludwig
* Lesson Eleven: Launching the Business of "You, Inc"; Powerful Business Strategies That You Too Can Use
* Lesson Twelve: Real World New Music Boot Camp: What You Need to Know About Copyrights, Music Publishing, & Licensing
* Lesson Thirteen: Premiering Your Music to Listeners All Over the World: Three Steps to Broadcasting & Selling Your Music to a Global Audience
The book also includes interviews with some major names in the music business, including Grammy-winning guitarist and composer Steve Lukather, Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren, guitar/sound system designer Bob Bradshaw, legendary engineer/producer/record mixer Bob Clearmountain, and sound mixer/masterer Bob Ludwig.
How to Make It in the New Music Business is the any person's how-to, offering step-by-step advice to making it in the music business in one's own way, on own's own terms.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Welcome to the New Music Buoineaa
Welcome to the New Reality
Radio and Records How to Play the Game
The Illusion of Needing a Record Deal
A View from Both Sides of the Fence Steve Lukather
Building Your ATecm
worth Their Weight in Gold
Finding the Best Recording and Creating Platform
Plug ins 1
Outboard Gear Sound Controllers and Mixers
Mixing Your Music Advice from Bob Cleormountoin
The Basic Ins and Outs of Music Publishing
Forming Your Own Music Publishing Company
Lessons of Inspiration
Other editions - View all
album allows analog artists asked attorney Auto-Tune automation band bass Bob Clearmountain broadcast Bruce Springsteen corporate create Cubase deal deduction Diane Warren Digi digital audio Digital Performer dollars domain name drum editing effects everything files FireWire give going groove guitar hear instrument interface Internet radio keyboard kind Lesson license listeners live loop major label mastering MIDI mixer music business music publishing musicians Napster Nuendo ofthe ofyour old school output pedal percent play players plug-ins preamps Pro Tools promote radio station REAKTOR record business record companies record label reverb royalty S/PDIF sample sampler sell signal song songwriter sound stereo Steve Lukather studio synth tape tell there's things Tools