Takes the reader through the process of taking a course online. Peterson's guide provides a sample syllabus, offers suggestions for how to pay for courses, and also gives tips on making the most of the online learning experience. Selling Points:
- Answers to the questions: What is online learning? What types of online education are available? Who are online learners?
- Chapters covering online learning experiences, online study habitats, live chat sessions, and working in virtual groups
- Truths and myths of online learning and common mistakes online learners make
- Information about online degree programs, online certifications, and continuing education
- Advice on paying for online learning, classes, software, and textbooks
- Guidance on plagiarism and citing references correctly