How to Really Stink at Golf
As a longtime golfer, Jeff Foxworthy has learned something important about the grand auld game: It’s not who has the highest score, it’s who has the least fun playing it. And now, in his hilarious primer How to Really Stink at Golf, Foxworthy shares his invaluable tips for a lifetime of horrible drives and putts.
• Get into the right frame of mind to play truly awful golf. Food poisoning or a killer hangover might be just the ticket to a robust three-digit score.
• Try to get to the course promptly at tee time to avoid the hassle of warming up: “You’re only gonna hit five good shots in the course of the day; why waste even one on the driving range?”
• The surefire way to screw up a great drive? As you walk to the tee, keep telling yourself, “Don’t screw up your drive.” If bad golf’s your goal, stress is your best friend.
• Avoid fun. “Fun = relaxed = low scores . . . and that’s something we want to avoid at all cost. If you have a good hole, shake it off.”
• Perhaps the most important element: Embrace the fact that you do stink at golf.
Cheating. Cursing. Avoiding fairways. Reckless cart driving. How to Really Stink at Golf covers it all, from selecting the correct putter to use on a 385-yard drive to prolonging your stay in the sand trap to picking the perfect foursome for spectacularly bad golf (“you, your ex-wife, your girlfriend, your wife”). With Jeff Foxworthy as your guide, even a scratch golfer can add ten, twenty, maybe thirty strokes to his or her score–and possibly more if you attempt to play the back nine, too.
From the Hardcover edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
anyway AVOID FUN back and watch bad cop bad round better birdie Blue Collar BRIAN HARTT buddies cart girl CELL PHONE cheating CLUBS SPELL SUCCESS dead left dee dee drive eight-iron eight—iron erry fairway ﬁfty ﬁnd ﬁrst ﬁve Foxworthy front going golf balls golf course golf game golfer gonna green greenskeeper hit a ball hole Jeff Jerry Keep your head kids KISS MY PUTT Lift your head look lose LOST BALLS LOW SCORES MARSHALL Mobile Home never PLAY FOR MONEY play golf playing partners problem putter Redneck Dictionary rehab relax RENTAL CLUBS SPELL rituals round of golf SAND TRAPS scientiﬁc scorecard screw scuffed second—guess seven—iron SHORT PITCH shot stink at golf straight and long strange reason stress strokes SUPERSTITION sure Swearing SWING THOUGHTS tell there’s things tree Water hazards wife WORST CRITIC wreck yards yell you’re playing