In the Know in Japan: The Indispensable Guide to Working and Living in Japan
Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• Bowing in Japan isn’t just bending at the waist; where you put your hands and how deep you bow makes a big difference!
• Don’t give gifts in groups of four or nine. “Four” and “nine” are unlucky because the words sound like “death” and “hardship” in Japanese.
• Don’t expect Japanese colleagues to come out and say “no.” They will usually say “maybe.”
In the Know in Japan helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
From the Package edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.