In the Know in Mexico & Central America: The Indispensable Guide to Working and Living in Mexico & Central America
Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• Flowers are so inexpensive and plentiful in Mexico & Central America that they’re considered to be too cheap to give as a gift.
• Be patient, and don’t rush into discussing business. You can ruin a business deal if you don’t spend time on small talk.
• A lot of Mexicans and Central Americans hate to deliver bad news; they are more likely to tell you what you want to hear
In the Know in Mexico & Central America helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
From the Package edition.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
areas Belize City Belize Costa Rica buses Catholic centavos Central America Central American–American Interaction child colleagues communication Costa Rica currency Día driver’s license driving El Salvador elected employees expatriate expect FOCUS friends Garifuna goal Guatemala City Guatemala Honduras Mexico Hernán Cortés hierarchy HISTORY IN BRIEF Honduras Honduras Mexico Nicaragua host important José LAND AND CLIMATE language LIBERAL living major mestizo Mexican Mexico and Central Mexico City Mexico Nicaragua Panama MONEY AND BANKING moving abroad negotiation Nicaragua Numbers one’s Panama City PARTIDO partner person POLITICS AND GOVERNMENT population Porfirio Díaz president PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION quinceañera relationship rental restaurants Rica El Salvador road rules Salvador Guatemala Honduras San Salvador Sandinista social someone Spanish sure taxi telephone Tenochtitlán things throughout Central America U.S. dollars United women