In the Know in the U.S.A.: The Indispensable Guide to Working and Living in the United States
Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• When Americans say “drop by any time,” they usually don’t mean it. Call first to make sure they’re expecting you.
• If you’re going to be more than 5 or 10 minutes late for an appointment, call ahead! It’s impolite not to.
• Remember, when someone asks “how are you?”, they don’t really want to know. They’re just saying “hi.”
In the Know in the U.S.A. helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
In the Know in the U.S.A.: The Indispensable Guide to Working and Living in ...
No preview available - 2003