Indie Film Producing: The Craft of Low Budget Filmmaking
Indie Film Producing explains the simple, basic, clear cut role of the independent film producer. Raising funds to do your dream project, producing award-winning films with a low budget, putting name actors on your indie film-it's all doable, and this book guides you through the entire process of being a successful producer with bonus tips on how to effortlessly maneuver through the sphere of social media marketing and fundraising tactics.
Indie film producer Suzanne Lyons pilots you through the actual making of low budget films to show you how easy and fun it can be. Laid out in a step-by-step, A to Z, matter-of-fact style that shows how the producer's role can be easy, how to treat the film as a business, and especially how to avoid the painful pitfalls faced by so many producers, this book gives you the essential tools you need to make your film a success from the ground up.
• Begins with the earliest stages of concept development, continues through production & post, and ultimately concludes with distribution • Shows you how to create a buzz for your film through marketing and promotions • Interviews with global producers who produced films using social media, festivals, apps, and more, give you real-world insight that can be applied to your own films • Website points you to a fantastic collection of resources that you'll need to produce your own films (http://booksite.focalpress.com/indiefilmproducing)
• Breaks down the complicated duties of producing into manageable (and fun!) pieces, covering all the stages of producing a movie
• Interviews with global producers from films such as Napoleon Dynamite, Open Water, Brick, the Undead, and more, give you real-world insight that can be applied to your own films
• Shows readers how to seccure funding for their films - an ever difficult task
• Author is highly in demand as a Hollywood producer, instructor, and industry leader
What people are saying - Write a review
Good book, but expensive on Google Play. I could have saved $10 by getting the e-book on Amazon. Curses! Normally I price compare but I was tired and didn't feel like searching anymore. This book had want I needed.
Chapter 1 Getting Ready to Produce
Chapter 2 Timeline for Sťance
Option and Development
Chapter 4 Creating Your Business Plan
Chapter 5 Setting Up Your LLC and Opening Your Bank Account
Chapter 6 Sales Presentation and Finding Investors
Chapter 7 Soft Prep
Chapter 8 The Casting Process
Chapter 11 WrapUp and Postproduction
Chapter 12 Delivery and Sales Agents
Chapter 14 Youve Delivered Now What?
Appendix 1 Filmmakers Website Resource Guide
Some of My Favorites
Chapter 9 Preproduction
Chapter 10 Principal Photography