Inside Book Publishing
Book publishing today is a highly competitive and exciting international industry. Inside Book Publishing provides a wealth of essential information for anyone interested in a career in publishing, or in understanding how publishing works.
This fully revised, updated and extended edition covers:
* the history and current structure of the UK book trade
* the role of the author, authors' agents, packagers and booksellers
* copyright and contracts
* key elements of the publishing process: commissioning, editorial, design, production, publicity and promotion, sales and rights
* the business of publishing
* the impact of electronic publishing and online bookselling
* getting a job in publishing and career pathways
* information on organizations offering training for publishers, suggestions for networking opportunities, and an annotated guide to further reading.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.