Interpreting Qualitative Data
This is the perfect book for any student new to qualitative research. In this exciting and major updating of his bestselling, benchmark text, David Silverman walks the reader through the basics of gathering and analysing qualitative data.
David Silverman offers beginners unrivalled hands-on guidance necessary to get the best out of a research methods course or an undergraduate research project.
New to the fourth edition:
- A new chapter on data analysis dealing with grounded theory, discourse analysis and narrative analysis
- Further worked-through examples of different kinds of data and how to interpret them
- A separate section on focus groups and interpreting focus group data
- An expanded ethics chapter
- More coverage of digital media and photographs as data
- A companion website with additional case studies and examples, links to SAGE journals online, and links to useful websites, podcasts and Youtube videos.
This fourth edition is also accompanied with its own group page on www.methodspace.com where users can give feedback and discuss research issues.Visit www.methodspace.com/group/silverman
What people are saying - Write a review
Excelent source for insight and reflectionUser Review - Dr. Nellie Zambrana - Borders
Reading this book has moved me more into qualitative research analysis, critique and reflection. It invites the researcher to be creative but critical in order to use the wide variety of possible ... Read full review