Java Open Source Programming: with XDoclet, JUnit, WebWork, Hibernate
Wiley, Nov 28, 2003 - Computers - 480 pages
Discover how to develop full-scale J2EE?TM applications quickly and efficiently using the best Open Source tools
Written by leading authorities in the field, this book shows you how to leverage a suite of best-of-breed Open Source development tools to take the pain out of J2EE and build a complete Web-based application. You'll combine these tools to actually reduce the points of failure in your application, while increasing overall system stability and robustness. Along with the tools introduced here, you'll develop the PetSoar application, which follows the PetStore application used by Sun Microsystems to demonstrate features of J2EE. With PetSoar, the authors focus on developing a maintainable and flexible application, rather than showcasing the end result, so that you can apply the material in your own projects.
In addition, the authors provide methods for utilizing Open Source software components for each stage of the development process.
The Open Source products covered include:
* Hibernate to aid with simple,flexible, and speedy transparent object persistence
* OpenSymphony WebWork to allow for pluggable view technologies and extensible configuration
* JUnit and Mock Objects to assist with rapid and robust unit testing
* XDoclet to assist with generating code and configuration files automatically
* Jakarta Lucene to add Google-style smart search capabilities to data stores
* OpenSymphony SiteMesh to aid in the creation of large sites with a common look and feel
* OpenSymphony OSCache to easily cache slow dynamic sections of Web sites resulting in faster-loading pages
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Part One Introduction
Part Two Building Your Open Source Toolbox
19 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
action AddPet application server assertEquals build cache called Category chapter component configuration ContactInfo contains create CsvParser database decorator default defined Document domain objects error example extends TestCase field FieldConfiguration Folder framework getPet Green Bar Helloworld Hibernate implementation indexDir input interceptor Inversion of Control J2EE Java JUnit List load login long id look Lucene Lucenelndexer Lucenesearcher mapping file method mock objects mockPetStore null object-relational mapping Open Source opensymphony org.petsoar OSCache package param parameter persistence PersistenceManager Pet pet PetSoar PetStore petStore public class public String execute public void query Red Bar refactoring RemovePet result retrieve run the test Searcher Servlet session setName Shopping Cart ShoppingCart simple SiteMesh specified taglib Test Driven Development test suite textfield throws Exception trš unit tests validation verify ViewPet webwork write XDoclet XWork