Sample these observations:
- So many religions out there! Religious affiliation is alottery ticket. The winning ticket, if there is one, will beannounced in the hereafter, if it exists.
- In a single male ejaculation, there are some 100 millionsperm cells. Since each cell carries a slightly differentgenetic makeup and would create a different person, each human being who ever lived won the lottery of life atodds of 100 million to one. And yet people complain ofbad luck.
- In a traditional, theocentric society, the four values of love, marriage, sex, and procreation come as part of a singlepackage.We moderns have unwrapped the package anddisassembled the toy.
- Statements like "I really love you!" and "You are beautiful!"are entrance fees.
- The Pill made prudence prudery.
- Humankind does not deserve itself.
If you enjoy these, another 1500 like them await you inLANDMINES OF THE MIND. Sometimes amusing; oftenshocking; always thought-provoking."Witty, startling, honest aphorisms that undercut complacency and provide new perspectives on politics, religion, and sex."
-Stanley Friedman, author of "Dickens's Fiction""Excellent..Truth telling, no matter how offensive or shocking to some...Brilliant, incisive and witty aphorisms"
--The Queens Bar Bulletin (November 2006)