"Linear Optimal Control: H2 and Ha Methods" is a reader-friendly book that features recent research results on robustness, Ha control, and ...m- synthesis. "Linear Optimal Control" combines these new results with previous work on optimal control to form a complete picture of control system design and analysis.
A comprehensive book, "Linear Optimal Control" covers the analysis of control systems, H2 (linear quadratic Gaussian), and Ha to a degree not found in many similar books. Its logical organization and its focus on establishing a solid grounding in the basics be fore tackling mathematical subtleties make "Linear Optimal Control" an ideal learning tool.
A comprehensive book, Linear Optimal Control covers the analysis of control systems, " H2 " (linear quadratic Gaussian), and to a degree not found in many texts. Its logical organization and its focus on establishing a solid grounding in the basics before tackling mathematical subtleties make Linear Optimal Control an ideal teaching text. The book's structure also makes it suitable for two-semester, one-semester, and two-quarter courses, as well as for professional use.
- Provides computer projects in each chapter to challenge readers with "what if" questions concerning the choice of cost functions and specifications.
- Simplifies results and derivations by treating special cases whenever possible without compromising the clarity of the results and methods.
- Familiarizes readers with the use of CAD tools for robust optimal controller design; software use is integrated throughout the book, and is included in almost every example.
- Offers a case study that compares the LQG and the u-synthesis design methodologies and provides guidelines on when to apply which method.
- Presents LQG and control within a common framework uses variational methods for both solutions.