Get a head start in Medical Assisting with Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Clinical Medical Assisting, Second Edition—the very best and most up-to-date resource for the clinical and lab skills students need to provide patient care in the medical office. This text covers all the competencies outlined by both the AAMA and AMT for Medical Assisting practice. Written for maximum readability and to encourage critical thinking skills, this practical, hands-on resource teaches essential skills. Whether you're a student studying Medical Assisting or a Medical Assisting instructor, you'll find that this text was designed with you in mind!
Special features include:
- Helpful boxes highlight important information.
- Checkpoint Questions throughout the text quiz students on covered material and reinforce key points in the reading.
- ESL Glossary: The entire text was reviewed by an ESL expert to ensure the language used is understandable and appropriate for non-native English speakers. A glossary of terms in located in the back of the book.
- Spanish Terminology boxes located throughout the text help students communicate with Spanish-speaking patients.
- Critical Thinking Challenges at the end of each chapter and What If? Boxes in the text present students with real-life scenarios and problems they will encounter in everyday practice.
- Online, personalized tutoring services for students powered by Smarthinking.com
Includes bonus CD-ROM!
Each text includes a bonus CD-ROM containing certification exam review questions and four interactive case studies to strengthen and challenge your critical thinking skills. Case study topics include:
- Triage in an emergency situation, communication and documentation
- Patient interviewing, education, and confidentiality and specimen handling
- Vital signs, patient education, and right of refusal of treatment
- Dealing with a sick patient, infection control, and medication administration