Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able afterwards ALMIGHTY Amen appeared attended began beginning believe body carried church common considered continued danger dear death desire diligence discovered Drake easily effect enable enemies English entered equally expected Father force formed friends gave give given grant hands happiness hast honour hope imagine island Jesus Christ kind king knowledge land language laws learning less letter lived look Lord MADAM March master means mind morning nature necessary never night observed obtained once opinion ordered passed perhaps prayed prayer present Prince reason received resolution rest sail sake seems seen sent ship soon success suffered taken Thee things Thou thought thy Holy Spirit tion took travelled whole write
439. oldal - Imlac,) I will not undertake to maintain, against the concurrent and unvaried testimony of all ages, and of all nations. There is no people, rude or learned, among whom apparitions of the dead are not related and believed. This opinion, which prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth...
549. oldal - ... available to the confirmation of my faith, the establishment of my hope, and the enlargement of my charity; and make the death of thy Son JESUS CHRIST effectual to my redemption. Have mercy upon me, and pardon the multitude of my offences. Bless my friends ; have mercy upon all men. Support me, by thy Holy Spirit, in the days of weakness, and at the hour of death ; and receive me, at my death, to everlasting happiness, for the sake of JESUS CHRIST. Amen.
518. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, who alone canst order the unruly wills and affections of sinful men ; Grant unto thy people, that they may love the thing which thou commandest, and desire that which thou dost promise ; that so, among the sundry and manifold changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed, where true joys are to be found ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
440. oldal - This opinion, which, perhaps, prevails as far as human nature is diffused, could become universal only by its truth: those that never heard of one another, would not have agreed in a tale which nothing but experience can make credible. That it is doubted by single cavillers can very little weaken the General evidence, and some who deny it with their tongues, confess it by their fears.
421. oldal - My physicians are very friendly and very disinterested, and give me great hopes, but you may imagine my situation. I have so far recovered my vocal powers, as to repeat the Lord's Prayer with no very imperfect articulation. My memory, I hope, yet remains as it was; but such an attack produces solicitude for the safety of every faculty.
266. oldal - The reciprocal civility of authors is one of the most risible scenes in the farce of life.
547. oldal - Lord, my maker and protector, who hast graciously sent me into this world to work out my salvation, enable me to drive from me all such unquiet and perplexing thoughts as may mislead or hinder me in the practice of those duties which thou hast required.
171. oldal - That the strength of his understanding, the accuracy of his discernment, and the ardour of his Curiosity, might have been remarked from his infancy, by a diligent observer, there is no reason to doubt. For, there is no instance of any man, whose history has been minutely related, that did not in every part of life discover the same proportion of intellectual vigour.
470. oldal - I have, in some measure, forborne excess of strong drink, my appetites have predominated over my reason. A kind of strange oblivion has overspread me, so that I know not what has become of the last year; and perceive that incidents and intelligence pass over me without leaving any impression.