Management of Sports Development
Routledge, 2008 - Business & Economics - 293 pages
Management of Sports Development is the first book to offer a holistic approach to a field which has been growing in importance for some years. Although many books exist on various aspects of development never before has there been a text which addresses the process of development in such a comprehensive manner. This is a 'one-stop-shop' to understanding the process of sports development, offering the reader:
- comprehensive coverage of the major themes in the process of sports development
- contributions from an internationally renowned author team
- a concisely edited text with a logical and well-developed structure
- a dedicated accompanying website with updates and new material
This accessible book is essential reading for students or lecturers in the field of sports development and is set to be a vital contribution to the literature in this area.
* A unique book that covers all the key issues in the growing field of sports development
* Written by an internationally renowned author team and concisely edited into a logical and comprehensively structured volume
* Accompanied by a dedicated website with updates, further articles and features
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Other editions - View all
agencies Australian Sports Commission behaviours Big Lottery Fund capacity building challenges chapter civil society coaches Coalter Collins community development community sports concept context CSPs DCMS delivery Department for Culture economic elite sport evaluation facilities focus football funding global government’s groups Houlihan Hylton identities impact increasing individuals interventions involved issues Journal Labour Leisure London management of sports mega sporting events ment modernisation NGBs NOPES norms Olympic Games outcomes physical activity planning political practices projects promote relation relationship role Routledge School Sport School Sport Partnerships sector social capital social change social exclusion Sport England Sport Journal Sport Management Sport Partnerships sport policy sport programmes sport-in-development sports clubs Sports Council sports development sports development managers sports organisations sports participation strategy targets tion UK Athletics UK Sport values visions volunteers young people’s Youth Sport Youth Sport Trust