Managing Airports: An International Perspective
'Managing Airports' provides a comprehensive in-depth study of the modern international airport industry. It analyses the trends towards privatisation and globalisation, which are fundamentally changing the nature of the industry.
* considers the key airport management issues related to economic performance and service provision within the context of the industry's wider developments
* assesses the relationship between the airport customer and the role of airport marketing
* systematically considers the impacts that airports have on the surrounding community and the associated planning implications
* places emphasis on the commercial and planning areas at strategic level, rather than the operational and technical aspects
* contains several airport examples and case studies from all over the world to aid understanding of the key topic areas - putting them in a practical context
Airport case studies include those from: BAA, Vienna, Aer Rianta, Amsterdam, Australia and the USA.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Airport economics and performance benchmarking
Service quality and its measurement
6 other sections not shown
ACI-Europe activities Aer Rianta agreements Air Transport airlines Airport Business airport charges airport company airport industry airport management airport marketing airport operator airport privatization Airports Authority Airports Group Amsterdam airport assessment Australian airports BAA plc Brussels airport Brussels International Airport catering cent chapter commercial facilities competition concession considered consortium Copenhagen Airport costs customers duty-free emissions employees environment environmental impacts Europe European airports example fees flights Frankfurt airport freight Gatwick global growth handling IATA ICAO increase infrastructure International Airport investment involved low-cost carriers major airports Manchester airport measures million passengers monitoring noise non-aeronautical revenue Norwich airport number of airports overall performance price cap profit public transport regional airports regulation regulatory retail runway Schiphol Group sector share shops slots Source Southampton Airport strategy survey Table targets terminal tion traffic UK airports University of Westminster Vienna airport Zurich airport
All Book Search results »