Mayo Clinic on Prostate Health
Mayo Clinic, 2003 - Health & Fitness - 193 pages
- A new glossary of terms
- Updated information on the PSA test
- New information on the drugs used for prostate illness
- The latest on the surgical techniques and experimental therapies for prostrate illness
- New information on the complementary and alternative therapies used for prostate illness
- New information on dealing with impotence and incontinence With easy-to-understand drawings and text, this book is a comprehensive guide to recognizing, treating, and living with prostate disease.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
JLm Prostate basics
Getting a prostate checkup
9 other sections not shown
abnormal Alpha blockers bacteria benign prostatic hyperplasia biopsy bladder body bone calories cancer cells cancer has spread catheter cause checkups chemotherapy chronic nonbacterial condition cure diagnosed diet digital rectal examination doctor drug dutasteride enlargement erection exercise external beam therapy feel finasteride fluid foods implant impotence improve incision incontinence increase infection inflammation inserted kidney laser therapy lymph nodes Mayo Clinic medication needle normal open prostatectomy options pain pelvic floor muscles penis percent prevent procedure produce prostate cancer prostate disease prostate gland prostate problems prostate tissue prostate-specific antigen protein PSA level PSA test radiation therapy recommend rectum reduce your risk relax relieve removed researchers retrograde ejaculation risk of prostate saw palmetto semen sexual side effects signs and symptoms sphincter support groups surgeon surgery testicles testosterone there's Transurethral treat treatment TUIP tumor TURP ultrasound urethra urine urine flow watchful waiting