Mechanical Engineers' Handbook
Wiley, Feb 9, 1998 - Technology & Engineering - 2352 pages
Authoritative, comprehensive, convenient, detailed, Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Second Edition, is the ultimate guide for the twenty-first century engineer. In a single, easy-to-use volume, it covers a broad spectrum of critical engineering topics and helps you understand the fundamentals, apply the technologies, and get the outcomes you want.
With more than 70% entirely new or revised material, the Handbook keeps pace with rapid developments in materials, methods, and equipment--from concurrent engineering and TQM through virtual reality, advanced and composite materials, ergonomic design factors, electronic packaging, and many more major topics. No other mechanical engineering guide matches this Handbook's array of crucial information and special features, including:
* Authoritative contributions from more than 80 leading experts in industry, government, and academia
* 26 entirely new chapters--including 9 new chapters on mechanical design
* A key section on manufacturing engineering--a handbook within a handbook--with 4 new and 5 revised chapters
* 7 new chapters on management, career, and legal issues
* More than 1,300 useful charts, tables, photographs, and illustrations
* Extensive cross-referencing and indexing for ease of use and searchability
* Detailed, up-to-date reference sections at the end of each chapter
* Directions to online databases and other information sources
Whether you're looking for details on materials, any aspect of mechanical design, manufacturing, thermal engineering, or engineering management, Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Second Edition, gives you fingertip access to the vital information you need to succeed.