Memoirs of David Brainerd : Prepared for the American Sunday School Union by a Sunday School Teacher ; Revised by the Committee of Publications
American Sunday School Union, 1826 - 141 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able affected appeared arrived attended baptized become blessed Brainerd brought called cause Christ Christian comfort concern continued conversation cried dear death deep Delaware desire devoted discourse distress divine earth enabled engaged enjoyed eternity exercises feel felt forks friends gave give glory God's grace hear heard heart heathen heaven holiness hope Indians instruct interpreter journey June kingdom knew labours leave live lodging Lord Lord's day manner melted miles mind months morning never night obliged obtained opportunity pain persons poor pray prayer preached present received refreshed religion religious returned rode saved says scarce season seemed seen sense sometimes soon soul speak spent spirit Susquehanna sweet tears things thou thought tion told truth turned unto walk wanted weak whole wished woods writes
128. oldal - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
96. oldal - There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, " Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God : for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
128. oldal - Ye are the salt of the earth : but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted ? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
39. oldal - I send thee, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
128. oldal - Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick ; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
59. oldal - The woman then left her water-pot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, Come, see a man which told me all things that ever I did : is not this the Christ?
64. oldal - In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
68. oldal - And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn, for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
58. oldal - He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me ? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord ; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.