Offering a big-picture understanding of Mergers and Acquisitions, this brief introduction illuminates essential concepts with informal and approachable exposition.
Lucid and succinct, Mergers and Acquisitions: The Essentials, features:
- a clear overview of deals
- a detailed discussion of major deal points, including a list of the percentages of deals containing particular provisions
- a strategic discussion of shareholder voting rules, with current judicial treatment
- practical coverage of the goals of due diligence
- a critical look at acquisition agreements
- clear and focused topical coverage, including
- the legal duties of a board considering or resisting a sale
- the duties and liabilities of controlling shareholders
- the special problems of leverage buyouts
- the securities lawsand—mergers, exchange offers, and tender offers
Mergers and Acquisitions: The Essentials presents an authoritative and student-friendly description of the law, strategy, and logistics of Mergers and Acquisitions. By closing any gaps in understanding, William J. Carney prepares your students to get the most out of their casebook reading.