Microclimatic Landscape Design: Creating Thermal Comfort and Energy Efficiency
Creating Thermal Comfort and Energy Efficiency
Microclimatic Landscape Design shows designers how to work with nature to create climatically pleasant spaces for human activities. With remarkable clarity, it covers both the scientific background and the design techniques needed for shaping spaces that increase comfort and reduce energy consumption. This comprehensive, environmentally-sensitive guide:
* Presents the basic principles of microclimatology and explains how objects in the landscape affect climate to create microclimates
* Describes methods for modifying the key variables in a microclimate, including radiation, wind, temperature, humidity, and precipitation
* Shows how to create successful, comfortable spaces under a wide variety of climatic conditions
* Explains energy budgets and the effects of landscape on energy use in buildings
* Includes useful formulas for determining human thermal comfort, estimating solar radiation absorbed by a person, and estimating wind in a given landscape
For landscape architects, architects, contractors, and planners, Microclimatic Landscape Design is a concise, practical, and indispensable guide to improving the comfort of outdoor spaces and reducing the heating or cooling loads on buildings.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.