Molecular Medical Microbiology
Academic, 2002 - Medical - 2223 pages
The molecular age has brought about dramatic changes in medical microbiology, and great leaps in our understanding of the mechanisms of infectious disease. Molecular Medical Microbiology is the first book to synthesise the many new developments in both molecular and clinical research in a single comprehensive resource.
This timely and authoritative 3-volume work is an invaluable reference source of medical bacteriology. Comprising over 100 chapters, organised into 17 major sections, the scope of this impressive work is wide-ranging.
Written by experts in the field, chapters include cutting edge information, and clinical overviews for each major bacterial group, in addition to the latest updates on vaccine development, molecular technology and diagnostic technology.
* The first comprehensive and accessible reference on Molecular Medical Microbiology
* Two color presentation throughout
* Full colour plate section
* Fully integrated and meticulously organised
* In depth discussion of individual pathogenic bacteria in a system-oriented approach
* Includes a clinical overview for each major bacterial group
* Presents the latest information on vaccine development, molecular technology and diagnostic technology
* Extensive indexing and cross-referencing throughout
Over 100 chapters covering all major groups of bacteria
* Written by an international panel of authors expert in their respective disciplines
* Over 2300 pages in three volumes
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.