Multirate digital signal processing: multirate systems, filter banks, wavelets
Provides a thorough and accessible introduction to the fast-growing area of multirate digital signal processing covering both the fundamental theory and the practical applications. The key characteristic of multirate algorithms is their high computational efficiency, and hence their increasing implementation in a range of applications from digital audio broadcasting to multi-carrier data transmission and subband speech coding. This book gives a comprehensive analysis of the subject and features include:
* A summary of the key properties of those filters which employ multirate techniques including cascaded multirate filters, multirate complementary filters, and interpolated FIR filters
* An assessment of the properties of various digital filter banks, such as quadratur mirror, parunitary, biorthogonal, modulated, polyphase, and multicomplementary filter banks
* Design methodologies for multirate filters and filter banks
* An examination of the discrete wavelet transform using filter banks, the construction of wavelets and examples of wavelet systems
* A complete overview of current applications and a look ahead towards the future developments in the field
This book will be invaluable for advanced students in electronics and computer science. It will also be useful for practising electronics and communications engineers and physicists working in industry.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Design of FIR Filters
Decimation and Interpolation
11 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
alias components aliasing amplitude frequency response analysis filter bank band-limited band-pass filter bank in Fig bank with perfect baseband biorthogonal channels complementary filter convolution corresponding crosstalk cutoff frequency decimation and interpolation delay derived DFT polyphase discrete signal discrete wavelet transform downsampling equation example factor Figure filter Hk(z FIR filters Fourier transform frequency response Gi(z half-band filter Hi(z high-pass filter ho(n Ho(z impulse response h(n interpolation filter kernel filter lattice structure linear phase low-pass filter M-channel modulation matrix number of coefficients obtain original signal orthogonal output signal perfect reconstruction phase offset polyphase components polyphase matrix polyphase representation polyphase structures realised sampling rate SBC filter bank scaling function shown in Fig shows signal processing signal x(n spectra spectral factorisation spectrum stage stop-band attenuation structure in Fig subband signals subfilters subspaces synthesis filter bank TMUX filter bank transfer function transition band transition bandwidth upsampling values vector z-transform zero