Neurological Therapeutics: Principles and Practice
Building on the success of its award-winning predecessor, Neurological Therapeutics: Principles and Practice, Second Edition is a fully-updated three-volume text, available both as a hardback and in web-formats, to be used as important reference for treatment decisions in offices of neurological practice, clinics and hospitals.
Providing a reference that is both authoritative and accessible for daily use, key features of this evidence-based, highly acclaimed work include:
* more than 275 major topics covering the vast patient mix primarily treated by adult and pediatric neurologists
* the most current definitive medical citations
* section editors who are all internationally recognized leaders in their fields
* new chapters addressing the important issues of stem cell therapy, pharmacogenomics, palliative care, the management of the organ donor, metabolic myelopathy, superficial siderosis and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
* focus on the issues underlying treatment decisions not only for the most readily treated disorders but also for conditions with few existing, definitive therapeutic options
A highly important resource, this cutting-edge second edition continues to address the need for a comprehensive textbook focused primarily on therapeutics, and will help busy students, clinicians and clinician-scientists in understanding the current status of neurological therapeutics in planning the care of their patients.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Cranial Nerve Disorders Neurootology and Neuroophthalmology
Malignant Brain Tumors of Childhood 854
Parkinsonism Plus Disorders 2803
108 other sections not shown
Other editions - View all
Neurological Therapeutics: Principles and Practice, Volume 1
No preview available - 2006
abnormalities acid activity agents amitriptyline analgesic antiepileptic artery aspirin associated attacks back pain brain cancer pain carbamazepine carotid central pain Cephalalgia cerebral channels chronic TTH Clin clinical trials clopidogrel cluster headache controlled trial criteria decrease diabetic diagnosis disease disorders dose double-blind drugs efficacy epilepsy epileptic episodic factors fibromyalgia function gabapentin gene genetic giant cell arteritis hemicrania hemorrhage increased infarction inhibition inhibitors injury intravenous ischemic stroke lamotrigine lesions mechanisms medication metabolism mg/d migraine muscle nerve neuralgia Neurology neurons neuropathic pain Neurosci NMDA occur onset opioid oral outcome overuse pain syndromes partial seizures patients placebo postherpetic neuralgia potential prevention Professor of Neurology protein randomized receptors reduce reported risk rt-PA side effects sodium spinal cord status epilepticus stem cells stenosis stimulation surgery surgical symptomatic symptoms Table temporal tension-type headache therapeutic therapy tion topiramate treated treatment trigeminal triptans USA Chapter valproate vascular