No Sense of Obligation: Science and Religion in an Impersonal Universe
About Unity-and-Diversity World Council, Inc.
The Unity-and-Diversity World Council, Inc. (UDC) is a nonprofit, tax - exempt California Corporation. It was originally formed to develop the ideals and activities undertaken during International Cooperation Year 1965, which was voted into being by the General Assembly of the United Nations. The U.N.’s goal in establishing that year was to encourage cooperation among non-governmental organizations.
Vision Statement: The vision of the UDC is to establish and sustain a local-to-global cooperating body of individuals, groups, and networks – for the pursuit of peace, justice, and an environmentally sustainable civilization for all races, cultures, and religions based on universal ethical and spiritual principles.
1. To realize our connection to the Source of All Life and to all life forms.
2. To facilitate personal and social transformation and cooperative activities among individuals, groups, and networks.
3. To create an international vehicle for economic cooperation.
4. To study and take action of different issues, as well as making recommendations for needed action to institutions around the world.
5. To support the United Nations and its efforts in behalf of global community.
(1) Peace Sunday – An annual event featuring speakers, performers, in interfaith candlelighting, and table displays of participating organizations.
(2) Peace Convergence – A full-day event drawing together the twelve sectors of the Peace Wheel to interact and discover ways of cooperation.
(3) Interfaith Celebrations – A monthly event involving the world’s religions and spiritual groups at various houses of worship.
(4) Culture of Peace Series – A monthly educational and action program featuring the different sectors of the Peace Wheel.
(5) Interfaith Services – A weekly Sunday a.m. gathering to explore the moral and spiritual values of the emerging global civilization.
(6) Unity-and-Diversity Ministry Training – Ministers-to-be study all faiths, the relation of science and religion, and the practical aspects of the ministry.
Unity-and-Diversity World Council, Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 661401 Los Angeles, CA 90066-9201 USA
Phone number: (424) 228-2087
What people are saying - Write a review