Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
15 April 17th October Action Admiral Admiralty April assistance attack Baltic Baltic Fleet battery Black Sea Black Sea Fleet boats Bomarsund brig British Capt Captain Hall Capture of French Charles Napier Charles Napier's Letter coast conduct crew despatches destroyed destruction Edward Edward Belcher enemy enemy's expedition fire flag Frederick French frigate frigate gallant gallantry George George Giffard Gig.—Mr gunboats guns harbour Hecla Henry honour Horse-power Hyde Parker Island James Jan Edward July June killed landed Lieut Lieutenant Lord Lyons M'Clure Majesty's ship Majesty's ship Leopard March Master mate memoir midshipman naval cadet Navy Odessa Odin officers orders ordinary Plumridge port Promoted to Commander Rear-Admiral Richard Robert Royal Marines Russian sailors sails schooners seamen Sebastopol Sept severely shore shot Sir Charles Napier's slightly squadron steam steamers Storekeeper Sulina Surgeon Thomas Tons town troops Uleaborg vessels Vice-Admiral William wounded
98. oldal - Oot-koo-hi-ca-lik), as its description and that of the low shore in the neighbourhood of Point Ogle and Montreal Island agree exactly with that of Sir George Back. Some of the bodies were in a tent, or tents ; others were under the boat, which had been turned over to form a shelter, and some lay scattered about in different directions.
78. oldal - I beg you will acquaint the lords commissioners of the Admiralty that the...
159. oldal - It prevents hair from falling off or turning grey, strengthens weak hair, cleanses it from scurf and dandriff, and makes it beautifully soft, pliable, and glossy. For children it is especially...
166. oldal - Prepared and sold in Boxes, Is. IJd., and Tins, 2s. 9d., 4s. 6d., and 10s. 6d. each, by Thomas Keating, Chemist, &c., No.
122. oldal - Nicholaeff, which are duly handed up to the head contractor, each man pocketing the difference between his contract and that of his neighbour. When the wood is produced before the board appointed to inspect it, another bribe seasons it, and the government, after paying the price of well-seasoned oak, is surprised that the 120 gunship, of which it has been built, is unfit for service in five years.
98. oldal - There appeared to have been an abundant stock of ammunition, as the powder was emptied in a heap on the ground by the natives out of the kegs or cases containing it ; and a quantity of ball and shot was found below high-water mark, having probably been left on the ice close to the beach.
98. oldal - There must have been a number of watches, compasses, telescopes, guns (several double-barrelled), &c., all of which appear to have been broken up, as I saw pieces of these different articles with the Esquimaux, and, together with some silver spoons and forks, purchased as many as I could get.
100. oldal - Pim began to screech and throw up his hands (his face as black as my hat) ; this brought the captain and lieutenant to a stand, as they could not hear sufficiently to make out his language. "At length Pim reached the party, quite beside himself, and stammered out, on M'Clure asking him, — • '"Who are you, and where are you come from?
166. oldal - Ac,, 79, St Paul's Churchyard, London. Retail by all Druggists and Patent Medicine Vendors in the world. NB To prevent spurious imitations, please to observe that the words "KEATING'S COUGH LOZENGES" are engraven on the Government Stamp of each Box, without which none are genuine.