Obsessive Love: When It Hurts Too Much to Let Go
Random House Publishing Group, Jan 1, 2002 - Family & Relationships - 278 pages
Is it impossible to let go — despite the pain?
• Do you yearn for someone who is not physically or emotionally available to you?
• Do you believe that if you love him enough he will have to love you?
• When you feel insecure, does it drive you only to want her more?
• Do you find yourself phoning repeatedly or waiting long hours for the phone to ring?
Do you wish someone would let go of you?
• Does an ex-lover or ex-spouse refuse to believe that it’s over?
• Do you receive unwanted phone calls, letters, presents, or visits?
• Is this pursuit of you creating so much anxiety that it affects your physical or emotional well-being?
In this invaluable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward presents vivid case histories as well as the real-life voices of men and women caught in the grip of obsessive passion.
Whether you’re an obsessive lover or the target of such an obsession, here is a proven, step-by-step program that shows you how to recognize the “connection compulsion,” what causes it, and how to break its hold on your life so that you can go on to build healthy, lasting, and pain-free relationships.
What people are saying - Write a review
Obsessive love: when passion holds you prisonerUser Review - Not Available - Book Verdict
Addressing those consumed by their obsessive propensities, Los Angeles therapist Forward dramatically describes the effects and consequences of out-of-control passions. Drawing on her extensive ... Read full review