Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
altitude America amount angle annual appears arctic assumed astronomical boulders calculation cause centre centre of polar century circle climate cloth cold consequently considered course Crown 8vo curve decrease Demy 8vo deposits described direction distance drift earth earth's axis ecliptic Edition effects erratic Europe evidence examine existing explain extent facts feet geological geometrical give given glacial epoch glaciers greater heat heavens hemisphere icebergs Illustrations important Italy known land latitude least less marked masses meridian mountains moved movement nature northern objection obliquity observations obtain occur passed period phenomena plane polar motion pole position Post 8vo present probably problem produce recorded refer regards regions relative remarks rocks round sheet snow stars summer supposed surface theory tion traced true valleys variation various vary vols whilst whole winter
16. oldal - The Ocean, Atmosphere, and Life. Being the Second Series of a Descriptive History of the Life of the Globe.
17. oldal - ... altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes . almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. " THE BEST TEXT OF SHAKESPEARE WHICH HAS YET APPEARED. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text."— TIMES.
14. oldal - MEREDITH (GEORGE)— MODERN LOVE AND POEMS OF THE ENGLISH ROADSIDE, WITH POEMS AND BALLADS.
19. oldal - THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES: An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. Royal 8vo, 8s.
22. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations. Sixth Edition.
17. oldal - ROCK (THE VERY REV. CANON), DD— ON TEXTILE FABRICS. A Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue of the Collection of Church Vestments, Dresses, Silk Stuffs, Needlework, and Tapestries in the South Kensington Museum.
10. oldal - FLEMING (GEORGE). FRCS— ANIMAL PLAGUES: THEIR HISTORY, NATURE, AND PREVENTION. 8vo, cloth, 15s. HORSES AND HORSE-SHOEING : their Origin, History, Uses, and Abuses. 210 Engravings. 8vo, cloth, £1 1s.
65. oldal - We have, therefore, in this agreement a strong evidence in favor of the view that both the phenomena of local mountain erratics in Europe and of northern erratics in Europe and America have probably been produced by the same cause. The chief difficulty is in conceiving the possibility of the formation of a sheet of ice sufficiently large to carry the northern erratics into their present limits of distribution ; but this difficulty is greatly removed when we can trace, as in the Alps, the progress...
7. oldal - THE OLD CURIOSITY SHOP. With Seventy-five Illustrations by George Cattermole and HK Browne. A New Edition. Uniform with the other volumes, £i is.